SAI was founded in 2002 by Mike and Dawn Sandman following Mike's long career as a project manager and installation supervisor for Hoffend and Sons Inc., which was a leading designer and manufacturer of theater and arena rigging systems and scoreboard hoist systems. SAI had very humble beginnings with it's first shop being Mr. Sandman's garage and the family station wagon serving dual purpose as the first company vehicle. His four sons frequently found themselves as laborers during summer break, assisting more experienced tradesmen with the fabrication and assembly or winches, lifts, and structures on job sites.
Even with these limited resources, SAI never failed to deliver the highest quality installations of theatrical and industrial automation equipment for OEM manufacturers. Clients began to appreciate the dedication to the projects that SAI showed and the company began to grow rapidly. The company continues to pay close attention to detail and produce the highest quality product possible for the customer.
Since it's inception, SAI has gone through significant growth and has moved from the family garage to a 45,000 square foot shop with qualified staff which enables us to enhance and supplement partner companies' manufacturing, engineering, control, installation, and logistic capabilities. The industrial services branch of the company is also much better able to serve industrial clients with their new construction, machinery installation, and maintenance projects. Please take a look at our capabilities page to learn more about the services, equipment, and expertise we have at our disposal.
Partial project list:
- FM Global Fire Technology Laboratory (Chepachet, RI)
- Lockheed Martin JSF 35 Project (Fort Worth, Texas)
- NASA Stennis Space Center (US Government Territory, MS)
- Franco Dragone’s “The House of Dancing Water” (Macau, China)
- Franco Dragone’s “The Han Show” (Wuhan, China)
- Franco Dragone’s “The Dai Show” (Xishuangbanna, China)
- “MGM Cotai Hall of Stars” (Macau, China)
Other projects SAI staff has completed prior to their time at SAI:
- The Orleans Hotel and Casino Theater (Las Vegas, NV)
- Cirque Du Soleil’s “O” at the Bellagio (Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Teatro Argentino de La Plata (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Vilar Center for the Arts (Beaver Creek, CO)
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Ships: Oasis and Allure of the Seas
- Chrysler and Mercedes automated welding assembly lines
- University Projects
- University of California Berkeley, University of Denver, Eastern Michigan University, Iowa State University, Louisiana State University, Michigan State University, Nevada State University, Ohio State University, Oklahoma State University, Wright State University
- And many more